m&m Cheesecake Bar Recipe
Megan’s recipe for Monster Cookies, reminded me that I had taken pictures of these yummy m&m Cheesecake Bars last summer! You can pretty much add whatever candy you would like, but I had extra m&ms leftover, so it was an easy way to use them up for a potluck. What’s cool about a recipe like the m&m Cheesecake Bars, is that you can easily make it a seasonal dessert by purchasing holiday m&m varieties.
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup M&Ms
- ½ cup pecans (or walnuts) chopped
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup sugar, granulated
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar
- Add the nuts and flour; mix well.
- Hold back ½ cup of the crumb mixture for topping
- Press the remaining crumb mixture into bottom of a 8″ square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Take out and let cool.
- Combine the softened cream cheese, granulated sugar and vanilla
- Mix at medium speed until well blended.
- Mix in the egg
- Layer ½ cup of the M&Ms (or other candy) over the crust; top with the cream cheese mixture.
- Combine the remaining candy and ½ cup of crumb mixture
- Sprinkle over the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely, then refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting.