All that’s right in the realm of cookie ingredients, rolled into one delicious bite-sized treat. Peanut butter, chocolate chips, M&Ms and oatmeal make these a family favorite, and using seasonal M&Ms makes them the perfect treat for Christmas! Not that you need an excuse to make them. They won’t be around for long once you do! 🙂
This recipe is easily made Gluten Free by using certified Gluten-Free oats–so nice to be able to enjoy a yummy cookie even if you can’t have gluten!
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp Karo Syrup
- 1½ cups peanut butter (I like to use crunchy, but either will work)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4½ cups rolled oats
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&Ms candies
- Cream together the butter and sugars in electric mixer
- Add peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla
- Add oats, 1 cup at a time, and baking soda, and mix well
- Add chocolate chips and M&Ms, stirring by hand if you don't want to break the M&Ms (You can also try using your mixer on low speed and see if it does OK...mine usually breaks a few M&Ms, but it's easier than mixing by hand!)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely before storing.
Think this sounds yummy? We’d love a Pin, Like, Tweet or Share!