A while back I shared this post on Facebook–I couldn’t find my keys when it was time to pick up the kids, so I dumped my whole purse (like a crazy lady) and discovered the keys across the kitchen while I was in mid-dump. Oops! But it gave me the motivation to take a few minutes to organize–I wasn’t going to just put all that junk back in my purse!
Less than 5 minutes of organization goes a long way to helping me make the most of what I have. Could spending a few minutes to organize your purse and wallet help you too? A few ideas to keep in mind:
- Gather up any bills or change and put them in their wallet compartments
- Sort through any stray coupons or OYNOs; pitch expired ones and file the rest to be used
- Organize any gift cards you have. Check balances you’re unsure of by checking the web site or phone number on the back of the card.
- Look through store loyalty cards. Do you need all you’re carrying? (I always end up with strays from vacations!)
- Take care of receipts–file the ones you need to keep, and pitch the rest.
- Clear out any trash, excessive amounts of kids’ toys, gum wrappers, petrified raisins (maybe that one’s just me…), etc.
- Evaluate some of the stuff you “usually” haul around with you all the time. Do you need all of it? Editing some of it can help you stay more organized and make more room.
- While you’re at it, charge your cell phone so you’re ready to roll.
It won’t take long, but getting rid of the clutter can make it easier to find what you need and use it effectively. Does your purse end up full of your whole family’s stuff like mine? Do you have any special tricks for keeping things organized? Share with the rest of us in the comments or on Facebook!