Here’s a simple but tasty slow cooker chicken recipe that you can make in the crock pot and have ready for a busy night. I used boneless skinless chicken thighs because they were on sale at a great price, but you could just as easily make this with chicken breast if you prefer.
- 1-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken (breasts or thighs)
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on low for about 6 hours, or on high for about 4 hours (If you’re leaving it in while you’re at work for the day, it should be fine that long on low too)
- When cooked, remove chicken to a plate and shred with two forks. Use the forks to pull the chicken apart into bite-sized pieces.
- Return chicken to the sauce in the crock pot. If time allows, let it cook in the sauce for another hour or so (if not, it’s OK—you can eat it right away if you need to!)
- Serve over rice with the veggies of your choice, or serve on a Hawaiian roll for a yummy sandwich!