PECAN PIE CAKE
If you’re looking for an easy recipe that tastes like a great big decadent pecan tart, try this pecan pie cake recipe.
This is a hit in our family and OH, SOOOOO good!
- 1 box butter cake mix
- ½ C melted butter
- 1½ C light corn syrup
- 4 eggs
- ½ C dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1½ cups chopped pecans
- 12 - 16 whole pecans for decoration (not necessary)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease or spray 9x13 pan (sides too)
- Mix cake mix, 1 egg, and melted butter until well blended.
- Reserve ⅔ cup of this batter.
- Spread batter into pan and bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together ⅔ cup batter, light corn syrup, 3 eggs, dark brown sugar, salt, vanilla and chopped pecans.
- Pour filling on top of crust. Lay whole pecans on top for decorative touch.
- Cook at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes, until center is set.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
Love pecans? You’ll love this Pecan Tart Recipe!