Strawberry season is right around the corner, and I can’t wait to make this recipe again! I love that you can make a big ol’ pan of the old fashioned strawberry shortcake. The texture of the shortcake is just perfect, and with a little (or a lot!) of whipped cream on top it makes the perfect summer dessert. We love ours warm with cold milk over it. I even let the girls enjoy it for breakfast. Enjoy!
- 2 C Flour
- 1 C Sugar
- 5 Tbsp room temperature butter
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 C sour milk (1 C milk w/ 1 Tbsp vinegar)
- 2 C sliced strawberries with 2 tbsp sugar (set aside so they get juicy!)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Lightly grease 8x8 pan
- Mix flour, sugar, butter, baking powder, salt - crumb together
- Add sour milk mixture and mix until smooth
- Bake approximately 30 minutes (use toothpick to tell if done)
- Serve warm with strawberries and cold milk - SO Delicious!