As we gear up for sending the kids back to school, we’re sharing some different lunchbox ideas for the kids (and yourself!). A little variety makes things interesting, and can keep you from falling into the ol’ PB&J rut.
Here’s a simple, but yummy sandwich option that includes whole grains, protein, fresh fruit, and a little sweetness. It would also make a great breakfast, especially with the flatbread toasted!
- Flatbread, Bagel Thins, or English Muffins
- Cream Cheese or softened Goat Cheese
- Strawberry Jam
- Sliced Strawberries
- Spread cream cheese or softened goat cheese on one flatbread slice. Lightly spread strawberry jam on the other slice
- Arrange sliced strawberries on top of the jam, and top with the cream cheese slice
- Variation: toast flatbread before assembling sandwich, especially if you're eating it right away!