Fluffy White Frosting Recipe
Here’s a standard frosting recipe in our home. This is a just a plain old-fashioned fluffy white frosting that has been handed down throughout the generations. Perfect for any cake or cupcake.
- 1 cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together sugar, water and cream of tartar
- Cook until sugar is dissolved and bubbling.
- In mixer bowl, whip egg whites and vanilla to soft peaks.
- Add sugar mixture while whipping until stiff peaks form
- Typically takes about 10 minutes
- Needs to be used on a cooled cake