Cauliflower Salad Recipe
Ahh, I can almost taste summer! The time when the windows are open, school is out, and family get-togethers are aplenty. I think we can all agree that there isn’t much not to love about summer. This cauliflower salad is the perfect accompaniment for any picnic, church carry-in, or family reunion. This recipe is from my mother-in-law, and she always knows which “salad” we are referring to when we request for her to bring it to every family function. It has the perfect balance of fresh vegetables, salty bacon, and a creamy homemade dressing. Like most summer-type salads, it is ridiculously easy to prepare and loved by all. Although I love the cauliflower, I’ve often thought it would be equally delicious with broccoli. Also, red onion can be added to the salad for an extra zing.
- Serves: 10 (when served with other foods)
- 1 large head of iceberg lettuce
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 pound of bacon (thick-cut), diced and fried until crispy
- Red onion, to taste, optional
- 1 ¼ cup Miracle Whip
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup sugar
- In a large bowl, add diced up lettuce, cauliflower, bacon, and red onion (if using).
- Toss ingredients until well incorporated.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients in a medium size bowl, add dressing to salad and toss when ready to ready to serve.
Crystal from Crystal’s Cookies Canton has brought us another fantastic recipe!