Candy Bar Hot Chocolate Recipe!
Here’s the perfect treat to warm you up on a cold, snowy day–a great way to use up some leftover Christmas candy during this cold snap! Make enough for the whole family in a saucepan, or just make a single serving in the microwave. Quick and simple, but oh-so-yummy and special. Don’t miss the variations at the end to customize your perfect cup of hot cocoa!
We’d love it if you’d Pin and share this recipe! Here’s a condensed version in case you want to print it out:
- 8-12 oz milk per serving (depending on mug size)
- ½ Hershey Bar per serving (or equivalent amount of other chocolate like Hershey's Kisses, dark chocolate, chocolate chips, etc)
- Toppings (as desired): marshmallows, whipped cream, caramel topping, chocolate topping, crushed candy canes
- Heat milk in a saucepan over medium heat, or microwave in individual mugs. Don't allow the milk to boil, just let it get steamy.
- Break up the chocolate into small pieces.
- Remove the hot milk from the stove and stir in broken chocolate until it's completely melted and mixed.
- Pour into individual mugs, and top with desired toppings