Christmas is just six short weeks away–we’re counting down the weeks with tips to help you keep your Christmas season, stress-free and under budget!
There might be six weeks till Christmas, but we’re already being encouraged by stores to start shopping, both in stores and online. Without a doubt, Black Friday is the single biggest shopping day of the year, and there will be some deals to be had on some of this season’s hottest items starting in the wee hours of the morning the day after Thanksgiving (and in some cases, on Thanksgiving day itself!)
Black Friday veterens know that if you head out Black Friday morning to wander aimlessly through the stores, you probably won’t get the best deals, and you’re likely to overspend rather than save money. Remember the gift list we started a few weeks ago? Hopefully you’re filling it in with some gift ideas, and have some thoughts about what you’d like to get for some of the people on your list. Those are the things to start checking for in the Black Friday ads, so you can have a game plan and make the most of your shopping adventures that day.
- We have a huge list of the best deals from Black Friday ads, and we’ll keep them updated as more details come along. We’ll also share any coupons or special discounts that can help cut your costs even more on Black Friday.
- Preview ads are coming out on most stores’ web sites, along with store hours and information about special sales. Use this information to your advantage so you can be prepared.
- Black Friday deals are also available on the Favado App for your smartphone or tablet. You can use the app to create a shopping list that you can use while you’re out and about!
- Look for fine print in the ads that will tell you whether items are “in-store only” or whether the same (or a similar) deal might be available online without fighting the crowds.
- Check for special coupons (sometimes in-ad coupons or mobile coupons) that you might need to get certain deals, so you can get those ready before you head out.
This week’s action plan:
Browse our Black Friday page to see if you spot any great deals that are worth shopping for. “Like” your favorite stores on Facebook and start checking their web sites. Look at store opening times and locations, along with which stores have deals you most want to get. Start making that game plan, and recruit some Sisters or Misters to come with you to make it fun! (Also, start planning for COFFEE! )
So are you a Black Friday die hard, or will you be home in your jammies? Let us know where you plan to shop, and what you’ll be looking for so we can help keep an eye out for the best deals!
If you’ve missed the other posts in the series, it’s not too late to catch up:
- Adjusting our Christmas planning philosophy
- Starting a game plan for gift giving
- Creative ways to stretch your budget
- Planning ahead for Christmas cards
- Homemade gifts to stretch your budget
- Think Outside the Toy Box!
We’d love some Pins or Shares if you find these tips helpful–thanks!