This is the pie that my husband requests every year for his birthday…but not at the birthday celebration when we have guests. He’s normally a generous man, but this one he doesn’t want to share with company It’s so rich and oh so yummy–serve it with a giant glass of milk. And if you decide you don’t want to share either, you’ll get no judgement from me!
In honor of Father’s Day, I’m sharing it again today–this would make a fantastic ending to a Father’s Day dinner to celebrate a special dad in your life!
- 1½ c. graham cracker crumbs (about 1 sleeve + 1 extra whole cracker)
- ¼ c. granulated sugar
- ¼ c. cocoa powder
- ⅓ c. stick margerine, melted
- 1 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- ½ c. peanut butter
- ½ c. powdered sugar
- 16 oz. whipped topping (Cool Whip), divided (2 small containers or 1 large)
- 8-10 regular-sized Reese's Peanut Butter cups, or about a bag of Reese's Miniatures
- Mix the first four ingredients together and press into a 9-inch pie pan. (I use my food processor to grind up the crackers, then mix in the other ingredients--super easy) To save time, you can also use a store-bought chocolate graham or Oreo crust.
- Chop peanut butter cups into small pieces using a knife or food processor, and set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, peanut butter, and powdered sugar, and mix until smooth (I do this in the same food processor, but you could also use a mixer).
- Fold in half (8 oz.) of the whipped topping to the peanut butter mixture. Spread this mixture into the prepared crust, and top with half of the peanut butter cup pieces.
- Top that with the remaining 8 oz. of whipped topping, then the rest of the peanut butter cup pieces.
- Chill until ready to serve.
If this recipe looks like a keeper to you (trust me, it is!), we’d love for you to Pin it, and share it with others. Share the recipe, that is…not the pie….everyone knows we don’t share this pie.